Thursday 25 November 2010

Week 1: 6 November 2010 (Saturday)

In the previous blog entry, I found I had missed saying something that made me love York. That was, of course, my host family – CATHY and ANDY! On the first Saturday of our stay, they were so kind that they took the four of us (Grace, Sherman, Winnie and I) to Harrogate for the Bonfire Night. What a marvellous and spectacular firework display! Although it lasted only about 15 minutes, it was already an unforgettable night as it was my first time to closely watch a firework display. In addition, it was certainly the first English festival I had participated in. I truly look forward to experiencing more about the British cultures!

1 comment:

  1. Can you write about anything cultural, linguistic or academic that you have noticed as different and then reflect on it. Perhaps you could say how it will help you in your future teaching.

    TNT

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete