Thursday 25 November 2010

Week 1: 4 November 2010 (Thursday)

Hello, Dawn! Nice to meet you. It is my first time to travel to the UK. Indeed, I have never been to any European countries before. Everything here in York is, therefore, very new and interesting to me. I am really very eager to tour round the city.

Fortunately, CELT had arranged a city tour for us. In spite of the imperfect weather and limit of time, I did enjoy and have great fun. During the ‘whistle-stop tour’ (the new phrase I learnt! :-), we visited different landmarks in York. Among those spots, The Minster impressed me the most because I love seeing churches as I am a Christian. I would definitely go for their services during my stay here.

Frankly speaking, York is a small but fascinating city. I love its historical architecture, its natural beauty (The Rowntree Park is just nearby my house!), and above all, its friendly and helpful people!

(I am wondering if I can use the pronoun determiner ‘her’ in the last paragraph. Dawn, would you please clear my doubt? Look forward to your kind reply. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Queenie,

    Finally, I get to see your blog! (my fault, not yours) Yes we did go round York very fast, but we only had such a short time.

    No, you can't use 'her' to refer to York. We don't have male and female cities!

    TNT ('Till Next Time)

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete